Sunday, December 19, 2010

ANYTHING BUT NEW

My life is just a book
Like any other page for page
Repeated over word for word like another read before
Read from cover through and through
My life is anything but new

And in looking for a cause
I stumble 'round these empty rooms
I find that nothing that I do has not been done before
Done completely through and through
My life is anything but new

I started out with such a thirst
And came a upon a pool of knowledge so deep and wide 
That now I'm drowning with this thirst that I can't slake
Confusing knowledge with what is true
Yes my life is anything but knew

Help me! I'm drowing
I don't know what I am
Help me I'm falling 
I don't know what I am supposed to be

Now that I've met you today
I wish it could have been any other way
It scares me all this sudden movement
All this aching in my heart
Because I know I'd do anything for you
But my love is anything but new

No comments:

Post a Comment