Sunday, December 19, 2010

Spanna

SPANNA (1993)

You came far too early
And you found it hard to leave
You made your Momma pray
She got down upon her knees
You weighed less than a thing of milk
You were the mighty flea
But you'll always be Spanna to me

Your head resides above the clouds
And wanders recklessly
You scream so loud that no-one hears
You're lost upon the sea
Your Mother wanted Annie
Your Father wanted Lea
But you'll always be Spanna to me

You hide behind the walls
And get someone to tell you lies
You fall into the cracks
And never say your own goodbyes
You were present at the scene
With a hundred alibis
But you'll always be Spanna to me

I always said it made no difference
What you did there in your room
You might be writing books or hatching plots
Down there in the gloom
You might hide from your real name
Behind a nom de plume
But you'll always be Spanna to me


No comments:

Post a Comment